Sunday, July 28, 2013

♥ Pinterst Inspired: Circle of love ♥

CRAFTING
 
Lots of people have that one thing they can do to escape from reality and regain sanity... mine is crafting! I think it is why I love being a nanny so much, because I always get to use my creative juices to make crazy-awesome school projects or fun & practical household items.
Today I did the later.
 
I took four basic materials and made a "Circle of love"...
 
A glue gun, close pins, spray paint (I used outdoor spray paint because that is what I had on hand) and a circle of some sort (found mine at hobby lobby in the ugly green color... it was with the wreaths near the floral department. Honestly no clue of its actual purpose- feel free to leave that in the comments if you know!).
 

 
First... I laid a plastic tarp on top of three stacked Rubbermaids in my garage- I felt this little crafting "desk" was a sign from God that I should be crafting (haha). Ok really its a sign that I should unpack the final Rubbermaids! :). I placed the round frame in the center of the tarp and sprayed ONE COAT (that was all! yay!) onto the frame being sure to spray at all angles so it would cover the underneath too... I like how raised this little wire frame is! No need to flip and repeat unless you just want to. I cracked the garage (added this note for my curious father) and let the frame dry over night. The next day (ok after a yard sale... so it may have dried almost 18 hours) I heated my glue gun (about 20minutes... cold glue just doesn't work at all) and then put glue (one close pin at a time) onto the frame (on the middle two layers only... they are raised to the same height) and adhered the close pins (of course facing to where the pinned item will be off the frame and not over the center of it... duhh!). I waited until the next day.... LIE.... I immediately started attaching things and taking pictures!! :)
 

 
BE SURE TO UNPLUG YOUR GLUE GUN (Again... for my dad :))
 
 
Now that it is complete... I think I will actually "Chip-clip" it to my fridge and "pin" letters, wedding invites, cards, etc. that we receive in the mail on it! This will save a few chip-clips in the long run and look craftedly-awesome (its a word! I know Webster!).
 
"He has filled them with skill to do every sort of work done by an engraver or by a designer or by an embroiderer in blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen, or by a weaver—by any sort of workman or skilled designer." Exodus 35:35

No comments:

Post a Comment