Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Welcome...

FINALLY...
 
We have the SMALLEST entryway of any home I have ever seen. You walk straight into our living room, which is luckily sectioned off by a change in flooring and a squared-off furniture layout. BUT, it only left a small wall for any sort of entryway.
 
So we waited. And waited. And thought. And waited more. And analyzed what we actually used the entryway space for. Conclusion- our sandals which are worn in and out of the house on weekends, a place to sit and put-on/take-off work boots, a DRAWER for keys, tyler's wallet, etc., maybe a spot to hang a coat. The extras I envisioned were a mirror, a cute clock, and a place to put my slender flower arrangement that no longer fit on the mantel due to husband's oversized TV.
 
I give you... our entryway...
 

Briefly.
My mother's father was handicap but found unique ways to paint before he lost all of his muscle strength. He lived two hours away and passed away just before my 10th birthday, so I didn't have a chance to really get to know him. Having one of his paintings is a true treasure for me!
The shelf with drawers and stool were both yard sale finds.
The flower arrangement fit perfectly and I found a cute clock at Ikea.
I have the mirror Grandpa Crawford made hanging on the photo wall, so no need for one here.
The rug is a navy and white, chevron/diamond pattern: found it at Walmart on Clarence.
 
To come.
This wall, as well as the rest of the living room and hallway, still need to be painted grey like our photo wall. I think I will add a row of hooks below the shelf too... to close in the gap and allow for a guest to hang their coat or purse!
 
"For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
 

No comments:

Post a Comment