Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Yard Sale Chair

No unique title needed... this chair says it all!
 
Found a silver-metal framed chair with grey seat/back... paid $5 at a yard sale.
 
 
 
Added padding to the seat & recovered each section in fabric I already had, and had already used to make my sewing machine cover (first thing made on first sewing machine).
 
 
 
I secured the fabric with a few staples from the staple gun and then bronze upholstery nails in a design that goes across the bottom and up the sides of the inside, and then across the top of the back of the chair. I love the look of the two different fabrics! The top fabric is gold and white damask, the bottom is gold and white stripe (hard to see in the photos).
 
Also, I spray painted the frame white since there wasn't any silver in my office. I think I will go back and spray paint the screws white as well so there is no silver on the chair.
 
This will be my chair to sit in when I sew... and it fits nicely pushed under my cheap card-table, sewing table! {Note the sewing machine and pile of fabric :) }.
 

 
“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.” Isaiah 65:17


No comments:

Post a Comment